Creatable Design

Hey Jonathan.

A few things I noticed;

1. 'Creatable Design offer design & development, are eager to help local businesses and are based in Swindon, Wiltshire.' I'm not sure that makes sense? Maybe an and before the are?

2. Google Sitemap link takes you to a white page with loads of code. Maybe make the link more subtle somewhere or remove it? Obviously it's pretty good to have a Sitemap, but does it really need to link like that?

I like the design in general though :) It's nice :)

2. Google Sitemap link takes you to a white page with loads of code. Maybe make the link more subtle somewhere or remove it? Obviously it's pretty good to have a Sitemap, but does it really need to link like that?

That is a Google sitemap :icon_biggrin: It is XML. I agree though, seems a bit pointless to have a link to it in the website. Just link it through robots.txt so Google can find it and then hide it from the public.

My only niggle is why you have put the google sitemap link so big and bold? This should be in the footer out of the way, also put some form of captcha on your contact page.

That is a Google sitemap :icon_biggrin: It is XML. I agree though, seems a bit pointless to have a link to it in the website. Just link it through robots.txt so Google can find it and then hide it from the public.

hahaha...they were the words I was looking for ;)

If you use that Google Webmaster tools, can't you just link your Sitemap.xml file in that way? That might edit the Robots.txt automatically?

If you use that Google Webmaster tools, can't you just link your Sitemap.xml file in that way? That might edit the Robots.txt automatically?

Webmaster Tools won't edit your robots.txt file. You have to do that. But you are right that a sitemap can be submitted through Webmaster Tools and that should do the same job. I just do both out of habit (and perhaps a little vanity).

1. 'Creatable Design offer design & development, are eager to help local businesses and are based in Swindon, Wiltshire.' I'm not sure that makes sense? Maybe an and before the are?

An and before the are? That's what is there? Perhaps it doesn't read quite right, I will look into that wording a little more as I am not 100% happy with it either.

Thanks for all the comments guys... The Sitemaps link was a booboo on my part, I didn't disable it from the menu, it wasn't meant to be there at all (silly 3am mistake when the website went live)...

I have indeed submitted that file through Google Webmaster Tools. I can't believe I made the mistake of not hiding it though. A right doh moment. Webmaster tools will now intermittently check that file for new updates.

Thanks again for the comments...

read right your grammer is ok.

site looks good.

I feel the white writing on the black background on your home page is out of place, - like an after thought,
thats the worst bit for me.

Thanks dude... The large HELLO was almost a space holder for something I had planned and then it kind of stuck... I am still looking at some ideas around the homepage... Perhaps some large featured images / portfolio items but I am not totally made up yet.

Thanks all for your kind comments.

Back