Company Logo Wanted - Quotes Welcome

We-Fix

I run a small repair company in Scotland

I am a CAD Technician also but no longer doing this.

I have Designed my company posters and feel that the logo lets it down

Here is what i have so far
Front18-05-2011.jpg

OK so i am open to suggestions on any of the poster but its a new logo i am looking for

If we could keep the yellow some how and also like the text to be on something like a one off shape not the screen i have the now

If people can send me quotas and also direct me to their work that would be great.

Mail me if you need more information :icon_thumbup:

Happy to have my designer do a logo for a fixed £30 - some design examples on our site, can email you a few graphics that we have worked on for various comapanys.

Genuine Offer.

I’m a bit busy at the moment so can’t quote but I would comment on the poster... tone it down a bit with a subtler background, sort out all the different capitalisation going on and and add some spaces between the phone numbers.

Happy to have my designer do a logo for a fixed £30 - some design examples on our site, can email you a few graphics that we have worked on for various comapanys.

Genuine Offer.

Genuine question? £30? How is this possible? Are you spending 15mins on it?

Happily drop you a quotation

I have a team of graphics people and I like to keep them busy - hopefully if you like the logo you will comeback for more design. Sort of Loss Leader.

Without wanting to sound harsh I don't think it's just the logo that's letting the poster down.

That is good that you said that nothing wrong in a bit of honesty.

You could be a customer wanting a repair done and feel this poster is not for you at all. I need to know this information.

Can you Give me more of why you fell like this about it. I am not a graphics designs so use language i know if possible.

Any one else feel the same ?

Thanks for your comment

This is my old poster i had printed

I have 5000 or so of these in the house but cant use them.

Moved house and BT couldn't save my number this is why am redoing them with a internet 0845 now

Here is the old ones

Comments welcome

And also this is what i changed the back too

BackSide.jpg

Well said Dot Design.

Some of these prices are ridiculous - £75 is too cheap, £30 is baffling (shame on you). If your interested in the job drop the poster a message, then and take it from there, don't post super cheap prices as it will make others hesitant to throw there hat in the ring and the poster will lose out.

People offering services at rock bottom prices harm the industry and make it difficult for educated genuine designers to command a fee comparable to our skill-set and experience (again shame on you).

We do our best to educate clients requesting quotes on here to ensure they don't ask for work with stupid budgets in mind, then you get a quote like that...I give up!! :icon_Wall:

We do our best to educate clients requesting quotes on here to ensure they don't ask for work with stupid budgets in mind, then you get a quote like that...I give up!! :icon_Wall:

I agree Boss. Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot. You know my position on this. Although I wouldn't put myself up for this job if I was interested that would DEFINITELY stop me doing so.

Do you have a website? Hopefully your website is not one big graphic image as the search engines will not be able to index it

Do you have a website? Hopefully your website is not one big graphic image as the search engines will not be able to index it

I don't have a website just now but will be looking for one in the future.

I will keep that in mind what is an average price for a website deign for a repair company with a client login section

I have looked over the comment on this an hope that you all can work out a system and stick to it.

I am more inclined to go with the 2 offers of £30 and if they do a good job and i like it i will be back that's for sure, full website more marketing and by that time a better budget that can run in to the 100's if not 1000's. I really like what i see on this site.

In an ideal world i would say £30 is to cheap but company and individuals are struggling out there, Their getting work it my take them an hour but at the end of it a have a idea i can work with but more important a contact for the future.

I love what i do but i have dropped some of my prices to get work in as this is a bad time for most people and some work is better than nothing it wont be like that for ever.

Regards

We-Fix :icon_cheers:

I will keep that in mind what is an average price for a website deign for a repair company with a client login section

I have looked over the comment on this an hope that you all can work out a system and stick to it.

I am more inclined to go with the 2 offers of £30 and if they do a good job and i like it i will be back that's for sure, full website more marketing and by that time a better budget that can run in to the 100's if not 1000's. I really like what i see on this site.

I love what i do but i have dropped some of my prices to get work in as this is a bad time for most people and some work is better than nothing it wont be like that for ever. :icon_cheers:

To be fair its not up to us to work out a price, its up to you to decide who you want to go with. I would never quote that low for a logo design, and would never work out a system with someone who wanted to do so.

Second point, you're right it is a bad time for most people, us included. Please remember that.

In an ideal world i would say £30 is to cheap but company and individuals are struggling out there, Their getting work it my take them an hour but at the end of it a have a idea i can work with but more important a contact for the future.

I strongly urge you to consider getting quotes from experienced designers, rather than going with a fixed-price company. Ultimately, you get what you pay for.

I know that times are hard but you can't get a professional, unique and timeless logo designed for £30.

Plus, many designers (including a lot of members on here) have had to lower their prices below average to compete with such hilarious quotes. Remember you're paying for the designers years of knowledge and experience, as well as in-depth research and sketching not just the finished design logo.

You may want to read these posts which hopefully will give a little more information on the subject;

Why professional logo design does not cost $5.00
6 Reasons Why a Logo Should Cost More than your Lunch | Graphic Design Blog

I don't have a website just now but will be looking for one in the future.

I love what i do but i have dropped some of my prices to get work in as this is a bad time for most people and some work is better than nothing it wont be like that for ever.

Regards

We-Fix :icon_cheers:

If you apply this level of cost cutting to every aspect of your business, it's no wonder you're finding things hard! If you cant be arsed to invest in your company then why even bother trying to run a business as you're ultimately going to fail!

Bragging that you 'might' have a budget of £100 - £1000 for a website if you like the free work is absurd! Do you really expect any of us to be excited by the remote chance of £100 for a website 'and other marketing'!?...

Don't expect a professional designer to give you their time and experience for free in the hope that they might get another job from you in the future. It's insulting and essentially, you will only get quotes from dreamers who cannot sell their services for anything more than minimum wage.

Guys I understand and agree that publically pitching in with low quotes does no favours but is it really fair to criticize the client? It's not his fault somebody posted a low fee on the boards.

Maybe some of you are lucky enough to have a huge client base and tonnes of work but the small guys and new starts often start low to build up their portfolio / clients. And it really isn't unusual for prospective clients to "sweeten" a deal with pledges of future work; it happens every day in the studio where I work.

I am not criticizing anyone directly because I agree that low prices / stock logo sites devalue all of our talents but these ARE tough times and clients look for the best deal they can get; equally if a designer is having a lean time of it is it not better to have private negotiations with a potential client to get some money in rather than none? Just as a quick example, when I was just starting out solo I did a small flyer for a company for a pretty modest fee from that I gained a regular client who now pays decent fees and always comes back to me as his first choice.

Ultimately very few clients understand the work that goes into logo design, the research, sketching, drawing up etc. We can all complain about silly, low prices but rather than lambast people we need to educate them :icon_cheers:

If a 'designer' needs to charge £30 for a logo to get the work then that's up to them. Many of us don't like it but that's by the by, there will always be students new starters and in this case established firms desperate enough to quote that low, so we have to get on with it. All I can say to that is if you pay vistaprint prices you need to expect a vistaprint product!!

One of the many issues I have is that despite repeated attempts to guide and educate them, the OP has seen a stupild low price and is now set on buying the cheapest possible logo! To justify this, the OP (a self confessed design novice) thinks that those of us who have offered a quote at the going rate (or slightly under) are all wrong and need to address our prices!

As for sweeteners.... They are a fallacy! If you agree to do work for free/dirt cheap, 99% of clients will always expect that from you. As soon as you quote the going rate they will find another designer equally keen for the 'big money next time'. Besides that, the words "I might have a budget next time" are not a sweetener or a deal clincher, they're an optimistic forecast of future earnings.

Back