Clear business cards needed

bigdave

I need a printer to provide our new cards. 2 designs, 2 colours (pantone 485 & black) I don't want rounded corners but do want a level of transparency so the black txt is visible through the red. Anyone interested? Were looking at an initial short run of 200 of each design. Quote me happy!! lol

As an after thought, would this possible on a thick window sticker type material so the card itself can be squashed up but return to shape?....

@ ianbonner: Oh an I'm on a budget of £3 but you could put it in your portfolio so it's ok...

Last edited:
I'm still looking for someone who can help with this.

It seems that square corners are hard to come by on plastic business cards!...

I cant believe how hard this seems to be. It's hard to explain so heres a mock up...

EXAMPLE.jpg

I've found a company in the USA who will do square corners but only single colour single sided...

Having seen the example I think you'll understand why I cant settle for rounded corners so should I just sack off the 2 colour idea, reverse the web address out like the contact details and get it printed in the Florida??

Cheers, Ive spent 2 days on google and havent come across these yet. will give them a bell.

Holy hell! Ive just had a quote back! £200 for 2x150 + £100 for a special tool to cut the square edges!!! I think my design needs some adjusting as thats just obscene!

Ask the supplier if they already have a cutter of the same spec. Then ask what is the closest size - may not need a custom cutter if the design dimensions could be adjusted.

Plastic Business Cards cost loads, even more so now. We used to offer them and outsource but in a period of 12 months didn't have 1 order for them, just too expensive!!

Hi Dave

It's a shame the plastic card idea doesn't seem viable, I had a look on line but didn't get any luck.

Just a different idea that I got from seeing your company name, 'Bleed Ink', maybe it would be cool to print a business card where the ink comes off on people’s fingers (but obviously still stays on the card so that your details remain). Not even sure if that is possible, or a good move, but inking your contact details on to someone’s hand for the day wouldn't allow them to forget you in a hurry!

I think they may remember me for the wrong reasons. especially when the card stains their wallet, pocket, etc.. lol.

Ive had a quote back from Shaws Screen Print in Sheffield (recommended by Evolution so they must be 1/2 decent) and theyve come in at £184 + VAT. Amazingly Emma (my wife & partner in crime) doesn't think thats too expensive!! Ive asked for a quote of just single sided to compare.

Does anyone know the limitations of screen print as far as opaque ink is concerned?

Back