Cargo Template Issue

It's very hard to help you without seeing what you are doing.

Make the changes, post a link then we can help.

Otherwise it's just guess work.

Ok I have Justified it all again, have a look now, here's the link again: GraphiCarlDesign Take for example my 'about me' page, everything is fine, but my subtitle 'The Designer' is aligned to the left, I want it in the middle under the 'About Me' Subheading. Same goes for all my other subtitles in each of my categories.

Having a look through the text in all my category pages you'll see some need to be centred while others work well justified. But it seems I have to choose one or the other. For example: GraphiCarlDesign - The text here needs to be centred. GraphiCarlDesign - The text here looks good justified but the subtitles needs to be centred.

Have you got access to edit the HTML? Or is it done through some WYSIWYG editor?

Because you can achieve what you want by putting the text you want in <p> tags and assigning the appropriate css rules.

You have added text-align: justify to .project_content , this class is for the <div> tags that contain the main content on the page so any text that doesn't have it's own class will be justified.

On the the About Me page you need to follow these instructions:

To justify the text on the About Me page your best bet would be to wrap each paragraph in p tags ie: <p>your paragraph here</p>
and get rid of al the <br> tags

and have a css rule:

.project_content p{
text-align: justify;
}

And remove text-align:justify from .project_content . Everything else should then remain centred because there's a text-align:centered on the #content_container div which contains the .project_content div .

Also in your category pages any text you want justified wrap in <p></p> tags and the above rules will justify it.

I can access a 'Edit CSS' function which gives me the top lines that I previously posted. I don't see where I would wrap each paragraph in here as my paragraphs are not displayed here, its just a bunch of CSS code I presume. I have tried doing it where I have typed my paragraphs and it doesn't work.

I also have access to 'Custom HTML' which presents me with this:

<div class="cargo_link">Running on <a href="http://cargocollective.com">Cargo</a></div>

Maybe Cargo templates are WYSIWYG with limited changes you can make to the code.

I'm close to giving up as this is just way too much hassle for something so simple. It probably isn't worth the headache. Nevermind. Thanks very much for all your help anyway.

Are you responsible for hosting the site? If so and you have access to your file manager, you could access the HTML on the server rather than through your cms system cargo uses.

Are you responsible for hosting the site? If so and you have access to your file manager, you could access the HTML on the server rather than through your cms system cargo uses.

Yes I bought my domain from go daddy. Oh i'm not sure about that, this is sounding like it's gonna get more and more complicated just to align some text lol. I may have a look into it if i'm brave enough. I'm afraid I might go pushing the wrong buttons and mess up the whole site!

Thanks.

If you just follow the instructions as given already you cant go wrong. :)

p.s. Always a good idea to backup your site before changing it, just in case! ;)

Cargo is a nightmare to customise. I've seen people do it, but I have no idea how when there's no access to a lot of the code. Unless they're using inline styles?

Back