Canva help - images over two or more frames

Pootleflump

Hi, if this isn't the correct place to post please let me know where I can find information on using Canva - they don't seem to have a forum and I'm likely to be waiting a long time before they respond to my email enquiry!

I wanted to use one photograph and make it extend beyond the 'frame' I am using in Canva (in this case, the triangle-shaped frame), but I am using several of these and want the same ONE image to span across the two or more different frames.

Is there any way to do thi:

a) at all; and
b) with a free account (I've not upgraded to the paid account yet)?

I've attached an image roughly demonstrating what I mean.

TIA,
PF

Attachments

• trian.PNG
    trian.PNG
    686 KB · Views: 3
Don't think you'll find much help here because I don't think any of us would use or have a need for canva in all honesty.

The site has help files and the likes but no idea if that will help you do what you want to do.

Everything that comes out of canva for printing is a crapshoot.
Scribus is a free page layout that's open source similar to InDesign/Quark
Inkscape I think is free -that's good for sketching and illustrations
GIMP as mentioned is a free alternative for Photoshop.

GIMP has excellent documentation.

I’m rubbish at graphics but I just add a new layer and cut out the shapes. There’s probably a simpler way to do it but it works for me.

Thanks for that, but without knowing the sort of terminology of what I'm looking for searching through the documentation might be futile, but I can always give it a try first.

Would there be anyone on here that would know what I need to do in order to achieve the result I'm after using one of the above, e.g. GIMP, or others (obviously not Canva as I'm feeling there's no love for this here!)

Yes I saw that, but I don't have InDesign or the inclination to get it either - as mentioned above re. lack of funds! Any other suggestions?

I would have thought the images over several frames would be a fairly commonly used graphic design thing, no?

Yes I saw that, but I don't have InDesign or the inclination to get it either - as mentioned above re. lack of funds! Any other suggestions?

I would have thought the images over several frames would be a fairly commonly used graphic design thing, no?

Depends on what software you are using.

Canva is shit for print - so many issues with files sent to us made in Canva.

If you're using Canva and it's destined for a printers then don't bother your arse. You'll spend more money getting your files fixed/reprinted.

If you're using Canva and it's destined for a printers then don't bother your arse. You'll spend more money getting your files fixed/reprinted.
I'd bet money they want to do the 'instagram' thing of splitting an image over 9 squares.... it's quite 'trendy' at the moment. If that is the case there are loads of websites out there that do this.

Levi - I'm aware of how to do the trendy 'Instagram' thing; it's actually for Pinterest as a graphic I can use to display a 'roundup' of product images. FYI - no, Hank Scorpio, I'm not interested in printing the resulting graphic so it doesn't really matter, as long as it looks good in Pinterest format on a phone or tablet I don't give a flying fig :)

Can anyone help with a tip of what I need to do or no? Canva or otherwise!

Levi - I'm aware of how to do the trendy 'Instagram' thing; it's actually for Pinterest as a graphic I can use to display a 'roundup' of product images. FYI - no, Hank Scorpio, I'm not interested in printing the resulting graphic so it doesn't really matter, as long as it looks good in Pinterest format on a phone or tablet I don't give a flying fig :)

Can anyone help with a tip of what I need to do or no? Canva or otherwise!

What size do you need it - it would literally take me 10 seconds.

Send me the image.

Thinking about this - you don't have to divide the image into a grid.

You just need to draw a grid over it using lines to divide the image up and change the line colour to white.

You can do this in GIMP
1. Open a new file or existing graphic in GIMP.
2. Click “Filters | Render | Pattern | Grid.”
3. Change the width, spacing and offset as desired. Change the colors as desired. Click “OK.”

Back