Booklet Printing - 10K, 64 page, 115gram, A5

littlehoneyz

Hi Guys

I am looking at getting a local publication off the ground locally, all ready started selling the add space to an existing client base so it looks to be going to print in June.

Spec is A5, 64 page, 115-130 gram, 10K a month delivered to one UK postcode.

Artwork finalised on the 20th of a month, i would need back around the 27th.

All artwork supplied with 3mm bleed

Monthly print, and want to find a balance between price and service.

Please let me know your prices or if you have had any good experiences with a printer.

Cheers

Presumably you want it twin-wire stitched - though that might be tight! And I presume it is four colour process throughout with self-cover?

Hi, we use Acorn Web for our big books. Whilst I have little to do with the company's print buying, I do believe they're quite reasonable but are very strict about deadlines and page counts. However, I am also sure you'll be able to find a competitive quote from a forum member.

Just out of interest, Where abouts in the country are you based? Do you have someone producing adverts for you? This is what I'm currently doing day in day out so if you'd be interested in outsourcing some of your design work please feel free to get in touch. Having an 'in house designer' is a great selling point! (shameless self promotion finished).

Hi, we use Acorn Web for our big books. Whilst I have little to do with the company's print buying, I do believe they're quite reasonable but are very strict about deadlines and page counts. However, I am also sure you'll be able to find a competitive quote from a forum member.

Just out of interest, Where abouts in the country are you based? Do you have someone producing adverts for you? This is what I'm currently doing day in day out so if you'd be interested in outsourcing some of your design work please feel free to get in touch. Having an 'in house designer' is a great selling point! (shameless self promotion finished).

I do agree with Dave that Acorn offer some spectacular prices, Paul is a particularly good broker if you can get hold of him, because he'll fight tooth and nail to win the work. One note of caution that I would add (and I've PMd Dave to see if I can find a way around this!) is that Acorn tend to only quote on stuff that they know is going through in the next couple of days or so. I guess this is because they're so busy!

Looking at the spec that OP has given, I'd try and find either a litho cutstar printer or a web (web being cheaper, litho c being better quality - marginally - and more forgiving with deadlines). It's the sort of job that I would prefer to go in on when I knew the kind of price ranges I was up against, just because tracking down the quote could require a fair bit of effort, and I wouldn't want to come back to them with something well out!

Yeesh, it's six AM and I've just finished for the day! Never take a holiday, kids, it's not worth the pain when you get back! :icon_hide:

10000 A4 > A5, Booklets, Printed Full Colour Throughout on 130gm Art Paper Gloss Finish, Trimmed and Packed
£4100 no VAT Delivered to 1 UK address

Hope to get the chance to work with you soon :)

Jamie

I've just got a quote for this through one on the reseller accounts I hold and it came back at £6.5k!! or £4k for digital!! I think someone's pulling my plonker!

I've just got a quote for this through one on the reseller accounts I hold and it came back at £6.5k!! or £4k for digital!! I think someone's pulling my plonker!

Disgraceful! Who's that?

I mean, price variation and all that, but when I can sell it at less than half of that as a reseller someone's taking the mick..

Disgraceful! Who's that?

I mean, price variation and all that, but when I can sell it at less than half of that as a reseller someone's taking the mick..

Colour Options in York. Theyre used by most of the local design firms as a cheaper alternative to Evolution in Sheffield!!

It certainly make it very easy to be competitive on print cost. *Covers Boss Hogs ears so he doesn't hear and puts his prices up*

Back