Bogus Companies

job advice1

Hi all, Thought I would open a thread about companies or people that do you out of pocket. 'not sure if a group for this already exists?

I have recently applied for a job at a company called 'IC-DIGITAL-MEDIA INTERNATIONAL'.

A gentleman called *REMOVED* phoned me up and asked if I could do some work and send it to them to show my abilities, I have done this in the past for other companies so complied with his request. After doing these 3 things, I was then asked to design 3 more layouts, plus business cards for each layout and then create an entire website, after which I would be given a real project.

This was also accompanied by a number of strange things, such as: their company website not having a portfolio, the phone numbers not working, *REMOVED* always phoned around 7:45, the emails being sent were not professional and he required numerous specific changes to be made to one of the layouts I sent him, when he stated to me that there was no such brief.

Hope everyone reads this and does not fall into the same trap I have done. Also please add any more companies or people on here that believe to be false.

Ta

After doing these 3 things, I was then asked to design 3 more layouts, plus business cards for each layout and then create an entire website, after which I would be given a real project.

To be honest, alarm bells would have been ringing for me here. I'm not a fan of creating work to "show ability", that's what a portfolio is for.

Back