Bevelling a shape

So I think I'm back to the earlier message of how to create a bevel in 'Illy' and the answer being use a gradient mesh...

Hi,
Okay, I've recreated your logo in illustrator and not a gradient mesh in sight.

All I used was 3D Bevel. Drop shadow. Outer Glow and Inner Glow.

100% vector scalable logo.

In order to get the gradient you have to do a gradient overlay of sorts. It took me half an hour so it isn't perfect (I don't know what font the S was for example) but its not far off it.

here is a side by side comparison:

http://www.pixelsink.com/SSL.jpg

What I can do is e-mail you the actual CS3 document and you can pick it apart to see how its done if you want.

Col

PS. I wouldn't add an effect to the company name text, it makes it a wee bit hard to read. Just leave that as a flat colour. Doing that also gives the main logo part more impact.

Last edited:
Oh wow amazing. I didn't expect you to go to that much trouble. I will pm you my email address.

You have the right font for the S by the look of it it's just that I chopped a third off and duplicated, flipped and reversed it to make the top of the S meet.

Thank you (I expect to be charged next time :icon_biggrin:)

Thanks also for the advice on the company name. I thought it was too much too but I was having an effect-attack!!

Even if the boss doesn't want it it's something for the portfolio and I can adapt it in the future for some other idea.

PS Now you all know where I work. Check out the website and see how dire our current logo is!

Last edited:
hmmmm, yes. I can see why you did a new logo :)

Not a problem in me doing that logo vector. The reason I joined this forum was to give help and advice as much as get some myself. its also good to do things like that to get a break from other work, divert focus elsewhere.

You never know, you might at some point put a future client my way :icon_thumbup:

I'll email you the CS3 file when i get your e-mail addy via PM.

Col

Back