Best place to study part-time for a Graphic Design degree around my career

Jess Aumonier

Hi Everyone! :)

I hope some of you might be able to point me in the right direction here.

I am 27 yrs old and have decided I want to do a degree in Graphic Design. I have a A in A-Level art and have always been really creative. Decided when I was 19 to drop out of Uni as I was on an Art foundation course but not knowing AT ALL what I wanted to end up doing as a degree (typical teenager!). So ended up going straight into work, which has been great and I have enjoyed a career in advertising sales for various publishing companies.

I want a change of career though and am desperate to get back to doing something creative and have decided to go back and study for my Graphic Design degree.

The thing is, I don't know where to start! I have got my head around the funding problem and am confident I can get my course funded, but it's finding where to go to actually DO this degree. So far, the only course I have come across is IDI (Interactive Design Institution) which offers a 4 year part-time distance learning degree in GD, with a certificate from the University of Hertfordshire. Sounds IDEAL! And it means I can study at home in my spare time. However I have recently read bad reviews about this place and am now back to square one.

I can't afford to go back to Uni full time, and need to find a course or uni that offers a distance-learning degree which I can study for around my current commitments.

Any tips??

HELP! :icon_confused:

Jess
x

If you're confident you can get funding for a course, I'd suggest doing a 2 year Foundation Degree. Most universities/colleges do them. From my experience they teach you the same things as a 3 year degree, and give you enough knowledge/advice/help to head into the freelance world afterwords.

Back