Augmented Reality Marker Card Design

linziloop

I wonder if anyone knows of any sites where i can get some design tips for creating an augmented reality marker card? I've been tasked with creating one at work, and I've been told the busier the better as the more data the software has to read, the better. But i don't want to make it a big collage of images, i would like it to actually look, well, nice! So if anyone even just knows where i could find of some examples of some nicely designed marker cards that would be ace!

It's a fairly new thing i guess so a good old google isn't showing up much - unless there's a better or more apt name for what i am calling a marker card? As in, the thing you show to the screen?

Well, if anybody would like to see how it ended up, visit this site and download the marker:

Augmented Reality

Knauf Insulation used the AR software at Ecobuild and it went down a storm, and I learned that the marker card can basically be anything you want as long as it has enough points of reference for the software to recognise! Obviously i was constrained by corporate rules, guidelines, and the "powers that be", but i think it turned out alright!

Looks great!

We are also looking at ways of being able to produce our own augmented reality products.

What software did you use? Do you have any links?

Many thanks!

Back