Artworker briefs

robsp8

Hi all,

I'm currently studying to be an artworker/print producer and I'm looking for some work to practice with.

If there are any "creatives" who want work producing or have any old briefs and if so would it be possible for me to have them to practice with?

On another note, if there isnt any work available here do you think I could go to Graphic Design companys and ask them for old briefs?

Hopefully this makes some sort of sense

Thanks

Rob

Folder cutter guides were always something an old company used to test people on. Would be worth practicing these - and cutter guides in general.

haha wow you're in luck. i just got an email from D&AD and they've just released all the briefs for this years competitions. some of them look really exciting!

erm i havnt looked, you can view previous years entries on the site so you might be able to see previous years breifs.

I've been having a quick dig around and I can't seem to find them anywhere. They'd be fairly useful for the OP.

EDIT: Yeah, actually, I thought there was a print section, but there's not. So, nevermind. Interesting nonetheless.

Well a typical job for an artworker would be to take a low-res design/scamp from a designer/art director and turn it into print ready artwork. So I guess you could take some of the designs from D&AD and then go from there?

Well a typical job for an artworker would be to take a low-res design/scamp from a designer/art director and turn it into print ready artwork. So I guess you could take some of the designs from D&AD and then go from there?

Yea I would tend to agree with that, a lot of them that I can see are from a creative point of view, but i'll see what I can find to work on.

Thanks for all the advice though, and djb thanks for the cutter advice, I'll make a note of that in my journal to look into :)

Back