Anyone using Free Agent accounting platform?

I'm not using FreeAgent or any accounts package at all. Just saving it all in a spreadsheet at the minute.

However, my friend is an account who deals with cloud accounting. I think the system they use is called Clearbooks, it might be worth a shout?
RobertChristopher Accountants

If you drop him a line, tell him I sent you his way.

Thanks Tony. Our shortlist is now just Free Agent and (gulp) SAGE but I'll take a look at Clearbooks as well for comparison.

No problem. I think he's offering a month free trial too, I certainly got one sent my way yesterday.

FreeAgent - works for me

We are looking to go cloud with our accounting (sick of having things in 15 different places and we have outgrown our current setup). The URL is Online Accounting Software: Small Business and Freelancers - FreeAgent Question is; anyone using it and any feedback at all?

I came here via the tweet from the forum. I'm an accountant who recently went freelance in project management after a decade working for large companies. I have to say out of all the packages I looked at FreeAgent suits me the best, as I'm only one person. I'd say FreeAgent is best for small companies for sure - deals with Corporation Tax easily, VAT too - am about to set up Payroll/PAYE but if it's as easy as the VAT was then it should be easy enough. There's also time tracking and the invoicing is easy (although I prefer to invoice my clients in days and currently the time tracker only works on hours).

I am not biased due to this - but if you DO decide to go down the FreeAgent route, this code will get you 10% off the annual fee

Referral code: 428ltqi4

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for the code but unfortunately you were beaten to it by the company down the corridor from us who recommended it. We've got everything set up and I agree that it seems like the ideal solution for a small business.

Been using it for 9 months now - its very good. Staff now submit timesheets online (instead of excel files) and with the click of a button I can actually see profit/loss on a project (assuming I know how much my staff cost me per hour).

Hi all,

I cant recommend Kashflow (Accounting Software Website) highley enough.

Low monthly fee, very easy to use and have got it integrated with Paypal, Mailchimp and HMRC for vat returns.

Even my accountant said this was better than sage.

Plenty of solutions out there though!

Cheers

Lee

Just saw this. I use FreeAgent and I love it. Makes all the admin/accounting tasks really easy and straightforward, nice interface and lots of good advice on their site. I love it! :)

Corrosive, just wondering how you go on with Free Agent? Are you still using it?

Hi Paul

Yep, we are still using it and get on with it very well. Just one or two small things we'd change (if we had access to the code!) but generally excellent and a massive time saver if I compare it to the spreadsheets I used to keep. Support is very good as well if you need help or advice.

Cheers, I had a little play with the trial last night and it seems ideal for what I need. Not a bad price either.

Yeah they all seem to do the trick, i started with quickbooks but then as the business got more complex have moved to SAGE. No problems with either...

Back