Anyone used 000webhost before?

bigdave

I bought a domain name yesterday from Domain Monster but the person I bought it for is using 000webhost which is a free web hosting service. When I accessed the000webhost user area I got an error telling me that I needed to log into Domain Monster and change the "A" DNS and the NS addresses to those for 000webhost. It's not something I've ever needed to do before and the 'how to' on domain monster was more hindrance than help but I think I got there in the end!..

Back to 000webhost and it said it could take 24-48 hours for the domain to register with them but once it was working the error message would go away. 26 hours later and the error has gone away so it must be detecting something and I can upload files via ftp etc.. but there's no sign of the site working. just a server not found error...

is this normal? Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

I bought a domain name yesterday from Domain Monster but the person I bought it for is using 000webhost which is a free web hosting service. When I accessed the000webhost user area I got an error telling me that I needed to log into Domain Monster and change the "A" DNS and the NS addresses to those for 000webhost. It's not something I've ever needed to do before and the 'how to' on domain monster was more hindrance than help but I think I got there in the end!..

Back to 000webhost and it said it could take 24-48 hours for the domain to register with them but once it was working the error message would go away. 26 hours later and the error has gone away so it must be detecting something and I can upload files via ftp etc.. but there's no sign of the site working. just a server not found error...

is this normal? Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

Heard really bad things about these: Rank 000webhost.Is 000webhost.com bad host?000webhost Sucks? Complaints!

If you cost your time then the000webhost will probably work out far from cheap. Of the chepaer hosting companies I found Dreamhost weren't too bad.

i used 2 use 000webhost last year for a while and yes ive read the bad reviews but being honest ive never had any problems when i used them. only thing tho is u cant install wp with them as u need to be a premium member (dont do premium with them tho) if u want a host which allows u to use wp / joomla other scripts look at Free Hosting - they are not bad at all (only thing tho is when using wp cp - sometimes it goes down, only for like 2 / 3 seconds tho) but once u have sorted ur site out its good

I'm wondering if I've done something wrong with the A DNS and the NS at the Domain Monster end of things?..

Back