Advice

felicity

Hi,

I'm very interested in setting up my own Graphic Design business/going freelance, but the thing is i don't know where to start!

I've been retouching for 2-3 years so am used to dealing with clients and can use Photoshop professionally.

Any advice on how to attract clients/what to do first would be amazing!

Thanks so much,

Felicity

Hi felicity,

First of all you need somewhere to broadcast yourself, so getting your own website or blog showing your portfolio is a good idea.

yes, i agree with Curtis. get yourself a website, showing your skills and what you can do. then why not try looking up the yellow pages(or similar) and picking out 100 business from section A, and taking a week to work through then all, phoning them to offer your services. If they look for more info, ask for an email address and direct them toward your website.

Pete

yes, i agree with Curtis. get yourself a website, showing your skills and what you can do. then why not try looking up the yellow pages(or similar) and picking out 100 business from section A, and taking a week to work through then all, phoning them to offer your services. If they look for more info, ask for an email address and direct them toward your website.

Pete

Interesting that you mention cold calling. Have any other designers on here found this to be successful?

Back