Advice on logo design for long name

royalduff

Hi! I am really struggling with design inspiration. I often work with out dated clients that have really long company names and want an updated modern logo that captures all of the ideas behind the name. Obviously I would suggest a name change but that doesn't go over well.

Any advice / examples on managing a long name logo design? Company is DACTS

DACTS - Denver Area Council of Teachers of Science

Thanks!

The obvious route would to have the acronym really big and the rest as small as you can get it underneath in two lines. The problems increase if they want a mark too. Personally I would avoid it
and just do something with the namestyle, or keep it really simple with a distinctive font.

A quick Google found this with a few handy tips, the CORC route would be my choice.

Yeah the only way you're really getting around that is multiple lines of text or really small text.....

And I got to say, the full name just rolls off the tongue doesn't it....

The obvious route would to have the acronym really big and the rest as small as you can get it underneath in two lines. The problems increase if they want a mark too. Personally I would avoid it
and just do something with the namestyle, or keep it really simple with a distinctive font.

A quick Google found this with a few handy tips, the CORC route would be my choice.

Thanks for the advice Wardy. I thought I had dug through the web for any inspiration but never saw this fro kldesign.com really helped!

Yeah the only way you're really getting around that is multiple lines of text or really small text.....

And I got to say, the full name just rolls off the tongue doesn't it....
Appreciate the advice Levi! Yeah hahaha not sure why they even need a logo when the name is so brilliant!

Could've been worse, good job it wasn't the Texas Institute of Teachers of Science.

Could've been worse, good job it wasn't the Texas Institute of Teachers of Science.
That actually happened where I used to live.

It was going to be called the Tallaght Institute of Technology. But on branding (I was involved in it) they realised their mistake... and renamed to the Institute of Technology Tallaght.

Back