Advice on logo creation.

Well I am open to suggestions if you think you can suggest something that will match what I am trying to symbolize. What I don't understand is how people think on the graphic design forums I have read articles that say you should pick something to use as a logo that your company stands for or does. Eurogamer for one, while I pick a gamepad which I want to stand for gaming and which my site is about how does that not relate?

ps I will be coming back here to start over if I have to.

It does relate, of course, but you've just been too literal and all you have is a standard graphic of a console. It will not make your logo unique or inspiring and may even put off some
of your punters who are used to looking at cool designs. You need to do something different with it, and that's where an experienced designer will help. We can't come up with
ideas, we don't even know the company name so we have nothing to go on. To be honest, if that's all you've come up with in six months, you need some help. Maybe try and find a designer
who you can offer something in lieu of payment?

Like I said before, if you're in doubt about a logo mark, then don't bother. Many, many companies don't have marks these days. Maybe your name will lend itself to adding a plus sign easily,
for instance - it doesn't have to be instantly recognisable as a console - your punters have already landed on your site knowing what you do, you don't need to be so obvious.

You could use a font like this https://www.dafont.com/video-games.font?text=Game+Corner

Note:
The fonts presented on this website are their authors' property, and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions or public domain. The licence mentioned above the download button is just an indication. Please look at the readme-files in the archives or check the indicated author's website for details, and contact him/her if in doubt.
If no author/licence is indicated that's because we don't have information, that doesn't mean it's free.

All you have to do is get in touch with them and ask them if you can use the font as part of your logo/wordmark.

There are more fonts out there, you might find something better yourself that already allow it to be used for a logo/wordmark.

It does relate, of course, but you've just been too literal and all you have is a standard graphic of a console. It will not make your logo unique or inspiring and may even put off some
of your punters who are used to looking at cool designs. You need to do something different with it, and that's where an experienced designer will help. We can't come up with
ideas, we don't even know the company name so we have nothing to go on. To be honest, if that's all you've come up with in six months, you need some help. Maybe try and find a designer
who you can offer something in lieu of payment?

Like I said before, if you're in doubt about a logo mark, then don't bother. Many, many companies don't have marks these days. Maybe your name will lend itself to adding a plus sign easily,
for instance - it doesn't have to be instantly recognisable as a console - your punters have already landed on your site knowing what you do, you don't need to be so obvious.
Sorry its gamerz extreme. I thought I had already mentioned the purpose of the logo.

You could use a font like this https://www.dafont.com/video-games.font?text=Game+Corner

All you have to do is get in touch with them and ask them if you can use the font as part of your logo/wordmark.

There are more fonts out there, you might find something better yourself that already allow it to be used for a logo/wordmark.
Thank you hank.

Back