Advertising

renatadesign

I've got a question.
As i'm still begginer in freelance graphic designing i wonder if someone could give me any ideas how to look for customers and advertise myself (exept website SEO obviousely).
Any ideas ?

community projects, flyers, paid advertising locally (doctors, community centers), emailing local businesses

Listings websites such as Freeindex....

They sent me a window sticker the other day! What I'd really like is some work from them but a free sticker is a nice start. lol

:icon_lol:

When I started up Bleed Ink (It was only March this year) I had a few thousand flyers printed and some business cards. I paid for 1000 flyers to be distributed with the local free press and had no response whatsoever. I spent a day going round local businesses, introducing myself and chatting to local business people. It went down really well and at the end of that day, I went home with a few hundred quids worth of business. Some of them have since fallen through but others stuck and have lead to more work.

Networking events are also a good way to meet other business people in your area. You don't have to pay for them as there are lots of free do's you can go to but don't go with the intention of selling something because you'll come away disappointed.

At the end of the day it's about getting your name out there and making the world aware of you. Once people know you're there, the business will follow.

They sent me a window sticker the other day! What I'd really like is some work from them but a free sticker is a nice start. lol

:icon_lol:

When I started up Bleed Ink (It was only March this year) I had a few thousand flyers printed and some business cards. I paid for 1000 flyers to be distributed with the local free press and had no response whatsoever. I spent a day going round local businesses, introducing myself and chatting to local business people. It went down really well and at the end of that day, I went home with a few hundred quids worth of business. Some of them have since fallen through but others stuck and have lead to more work.

Networking events are also a good way to meet other business people in your area. You don't have to pay for them as there are lots of free do's you can go to but don't go with the intention of selling something because you'll come away disappointed.

At the end of the day it's about getting your name out there and making the world aware of you. Once people know you're there, the business will follow.

Beautiful and very honest suggestions mate. Not many individuals realize this nor do they think that way these days. Socializing and making your existence felt is one of the most important aspects for any business entrepreneur. Not all contacts built can yield results insantly, make sure that you leave a mark in their minds so that whenever there is a requirement for the services you offer, they mustn't think of anyone else than you.

It isn't that easy, but it ain't that hard either !!

^^Best advice. Ask friends and family if they know anyone setting up a business or in a business. Ask people who you have done work for to recommend you...

People buy from people (not websites!)

Get a Smart Car and plaster your logo and web address all over it and take it for a drive. It’s about all they are useful for after all. :icon_smile:

Get some good quality business cards printed up from a local printer (or one of the many fine printers on here) and carry a few around with you at all times. Give them out to anyone you meet who seems interested in what you do.

It's surprising how many times I've wished I'd had a card on me to hand to someone.

and then you always find the situations where you've filled every possible pocket with cards and wished you'd not bothered.... lol

I'm about to have some flyers and cards printed up and walk around local businesses talking with people and handing them out. I'm also thinking some well designed letterheads to the attention of different business owners in my 10-15m radius could work a wonder, seen as letters seem to have went out with the ark, it might be worth capitalising on the surprise of receiving a hand written lettter.

Back