500 Business Cards for £19

Damn that's good. I wish there were offers like this every month or so.

It would be great if we could encourage suppliers to give our users a heavy discount.

Maybe we can offer up discounts to regular posters if someone needs our services.... not one post wonders, they have to be active :)
I'd be willing to offer a discount to people who are on the forum regularly enough.

Levi said:
I'd be willing to offer a discount to people who are on the forum regularly enough.
Me too. Anyone that came to me as a forum regular, I'd make sure they got my best price (not that I don't anyway) but I'm sure I could work something for forum regulars.

Ooh, offering a discount for design services on a forum full of designers :D Niiiice!
Joking aside, it's a decent idea but kinda pointless without the right services to offer a discount on.

We don't all do every type of design and sometimes you do need other services to complete a project, not to mention the times when you have more work on and need an extra pair of hands.

Yes you're right! However, I'm not sure that offering a discount is going to result in additional activity between members as I reckon most people already have people they rely on for those sort of things. I thought it was kind of a given, regarding reduced rates anyway!
I don't know about others, but the pricing can be a little erratic when it comes to this type of work and it'd be very easy, for example, to just offer a blanket "20% discount" but not really affect prices. I think it'd have to be done in a specific "I'm offering this for £x" if it were to go ahead! I wonder then what happens when everyone puts up their offers, if people start changing the offers to compete with others :p

if someone said they were offering something for £x and it was stupidly low I'd laugh and say something like, enjoy your light reading (evil smirk) tonight as that's never going to happen at that price lol

We would also need to agree on a minimum post count/rank in which these offers are available to

Back