Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'Animation, Motion Design & Film Making' started by peekaboo, Oct 13, 2009.

1. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

Hi Guys,

After deciding to upload to YouTube we now have a new problem, we have tried a few times but can't seem to upload the video and not have big black border all round the video, we want the video to have no borders??

Anyone got experience in why this might be happening and how we stop?

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I think you'll always have either vertical or horizontal borders, no matter what format you make the video in. HD size is 1080 x 720 but that still gives you borders.
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

nah it doesnt always.

you have to make it widescreen.

which program did you made the video in?
  4. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

Yeah loads of vids on YouTube that doesnt havent any borders, we are using Quicktime Pro!

Do you know what we need to be exporting at?

5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

6. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

Thats brilliant, cheers Tom!

7. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

This is killing me - YouTube - Nisha Pillai BBC World Debate

Thats the video we have been trying to get full screen, but even after following the instructions, turns out like that!!

If anyone has any clues to why that would be so helpful!

8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Looks like the aspect has changed Brett,

9. peekaboo

peekaboo Senior Member

Ahhh I think i know whats happening, in the original video it has two wide borders top and bottom, so in Quicktime Pro we used a tutorial to cut them out so was pure video, when we upload to YouTube it looks like the borders are back there causing it to muck up the aspect ratio!

Does anyone know of a solid way to "cut" the video, remove any borders from the original film?

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not sure if this tutorial will be of any use Brett?

Ironically that video has black bars! :rolleyes: (is that ironic?!)