Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Alex L, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

Seriously, what is with the wp prefix on everything with WordPress. Anyone know an easy-ish was to remove the prefixes from all files without breaking the software?

Is there a general config file?
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

What is the reasons for taking away the prefix?
  3. Ant

Ant Member

Why is there a need.
    If your really that bothered about it learn php and code your own blog :D
  4. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

I don't know what it is, I just don't like having all the prefixes on. Especially folders as I like to change the upload paths ect and it is nice to be able to change the path to the admin area.

And I am nowhere near skilled enough in PHP to create a working blog with all the security features and such like.
  5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

you could always use a different blogging platform
  6. Alex L

Alex L Senior Member

Everywhere I look though people are praising Wordpress in every way though. I've tried the free version of ExpressionEngine but it was a little buggy.
  7. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Maybe a find and replace. Find 'wp-' and replace with ''. I'd still say though that a) it's pointless and b) unnecessary.
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Alex, removing the 'wp-' could also mess up any future plugin installations and WP updates, as the update scripts and install scripts will be referencing the known WP folder/dir locations, it's really not worth the hassle!
  9. Ant

Ant Member