Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worn Poster look

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by rangeboy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. rangeboy

rangeboy New Member

hello :)

I was wondering if any of anyone can help me with something. I'm really into designing worn/old movie poster - they're my faves!

My main problem is getting the worn look into it.. I've never been fully satisfied with anything i've done, although ive come pretty close. Here's an example of what I'm after:

All i really want is the scratches, scuff marks and paper folds. Ideally I would like to do it physically rather than all on the computer - to get a more authentic look about it, but i just dont know the best way of doing it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. rgregory

rgregory Member

3. rgregory

rgregory Member

If you add it to the top layer of Photoshop and set the blend to multiply - and then play with the hue it may create the effect you desire - if you have a image of torn/old paper that would obviously do the trick better....
  4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Thanks for the Shutterstock link. Handy to know.
  5. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

you can get pre made photoshop brushes which will produce a similar effect with little effort but nothing beats the real thing.
  6. socreative

socreative Member