• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wordpress Sidebars

Hey,

Is it possible to restrict the content of a sidebar in Wordpress to a specific page?

I'm building a site where I'm using the plain 'text widget' but I want different content in the widget on different pages but still be able to use the same template for all pages. Is there a way I can have mutiple text widgets and assign them to different pages?

Thanks!
Soren

C

chrismitchell

I would look into regular expression Soren, that is how you control things that show on certain pages in Wordpress... but it is complicated.. :) hope that helps :)

chrismitchell said:
fantastic matey :) ahh the joys of Wordpress plugins :D
Haha yeah :D. This really is a great plugin though. Something I think should be in the WP core as WP is moving more and more towards being a micro CMS as well as a blogging platform.

The only downside about this plugin is that you have to use conditional tags in the widgets which is just not super user friendly for a non savvy client. Would be nice with a GUI instead where you could just select what pages you want your widgets on.

C

chrismitchell

yeah thats usually the problem with those sorts of plugins.. they aren't particularly user friendly... but at least its all sorted mate :D

how are things with you in grimy London today?

chrismitchell said:
yeah thats usually the problem with those sorts of plugins.. they aren't particularly user friendly... but at least its all sorted mate :D

how are things with you in grimy London today?
Yeah now I "just" have to get a dynamic drop down menu sorted..wupee! :rolleyes:

Yeah not too bad, just pretty grimy :). You must be delighted that you're leaving the big smoke soon. At least I'm going to Copenhagen tomorrow for the Bank Holiday weekend. A little less grimy there. :D

C

chrismitchell

thats great mate :D have a blast in Copenhagen :) fantastic city that :D

yeah i can't wait to get out of here mate.. only a month to go!