Wordpress "Like" Button Help

HippySunshine

For some reason, my Facebook "Like" button on my blog is not showing my friends from my facebook that "Like" the blog and when they click "Like" it's not sending the link to their facebook feed. It is just showing the number of people who have "Liked"

It did used to show my friends names but for some reason, it's not no more.
I'm using a wordpress plugin that is pretty straight forward so not quite sure what's gone wrong and why.

I've tried it with and without the facebook app ID also but this is not working...?
Any ideas?

You can view the like button at the bottom of my post here: Hippy sunshine: Photography, Vintage, Travel

:mad:

You don't really need a plugin as such as its only a few lines of code to paste into the relevant template files if you feel confident in doing that? Is the plugin up to date? My site doesn't show which of my friends like a page if I am not currently logged into facebook. Are you logged in when you check? I know that might seem obvious, not trying to patronise.

I think you need to take this up with the developer of the plugin - it may be conflicting with another plugin, or perhaps there are some known bugs with the version of Wordpress you are running.

Yeah I am logged into facebook when checking this but still doesn't work and as far as I'm awar it is the most updated version I have.

Where can I find the code? I'm quite happy to try that option.

Thanks

Taking this thread off on a bit of a tangent, what is your opinion of the like button? Do you find that people use it much and does it generate much in the way of extra clients to your sites or fans to your facebook pages?

I'm deliberating getting it set up on every product page for my employer but not sure how worthwhile it would be

Well my blog is being used as a diary for when I go away for my family and friends so the like button is good for my friends and family who are on facebook to share with other friends and family that may have missed my blog post.

On a business level, Yes I think it's also beneficial for sure

Its quite neat. If say 20 people 'Like' a page on your site and they each have 100 facebook friends, that means your site would get 2000 impressions on facebook. That can lead to more hits and therefore more business. You can view statistical information about this on facebook.com/insights

Only problem is it can look a bit ugly having facebook like buttons all over your lovely website.

Hi,

I seem to have problems with inserting code from facebook developers. I'm using dreamweaver and when I put the code into my html document it doesnt seem to sit in divs properly.

Facebok gives me two types of code does anyone know where these should go in the html document. Does one lot need to go above the head tags?

My website is www.whitehawkdesign.co.uk and my facebook 'like' sits outside of its div but in the wrapper. This is probably confusing but I hope someone can help me.

You dont need to use both pieces of code, just choose either the XFBML or the iframe option. Which ever option you choose they both will need to be put inside the <body></body> tags on your page and somewhere close to the content being liked. You can put the block of code inside a div so you can control the position of the like button with css eg:
HTML:
<div id="fblike"><script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script><fb:like href="" send="true" width="450" show_faces="true" font=""></fb:like></div>
There really isn't much more to it.

Hi recently some of facebooks api has changed so out of date plugins may malfunction, totally agree you should code it, on the developers site there is a section where you can select the JS and HTML and just paste it, simple.
Try going to the developers site getting a recent i frame or the source paste on your site if thats still not working gimme a message ill see if i can help u further :). This is what i done for my wp site and mines are working :)

Speak soon :)

Back