Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood / Paper effect Business Card

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by wayneambler, May 10, 2012.

1. wayneambler

wayneambler New Member

**UPDATED** **14/05/2012**

I have updated my card to a completely different look altogether so please let me know what you think

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank You

[​IMG]

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

well unless you can click on the buttons, there's no point in the twitter buttons are there...

3. balders

balders Member

It says more French polisher then graphic designer to me.

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

The font you've chosen doesn't really say graphic designer to me, it looks a little too much like papyrus for my liking.

5. balders

balders Member

6. Matthew Crowe

Matthew Crowe New Member

^ You shouldn't use a wooden texture which would be printed. Instead print onto wood like balders suggested. The quality will look so much better.

7. marble_pars

marble_pars Junior Member

I would imagine the actual card would look pretty cheap and nasty, business cards are small and compact you need to keep them minimal and get your skills across instantly. Also the font looks very generic.

8. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

I agree with everything said above. Don't feel beaten down though- work on it!

Just to echo one main point, that would be keeping it simple. If you really want to use the wood texture I would use it throughout the whole card and remove the paper. In any case, printing on a nice solid textured card would also be a good idea. The font like has already been said must be changed.

Let us know if you make improvements :)

9. wayneambler

wayneambler New Member

**updated**

10. marble_pars

marble_pars Junior Member

I still think even with the alternative background the paper, fonts and layout just seem wrong & overcrowded. Why don't you have a double sided card?

11. wayneambler

wayneambler New Member

**updated**