Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I be able to create my own website with Just Host?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Tony, May 12, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Member

Right I've just gone with Just Host and am proceeding to build my website.

What I want to know is can I do it from scratch and they host or will I only be able to use generic templates?!

I am trying to find the answer myself but thought I'd ask on here.

So far I've only found templates and the CP is totally new to me so I am trying to pick it up.

My main worry is that I have to stick with a template :down:

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

You can use the ftp manager (and such things) to upload anything to their sites.

3. Tony

Tony Member

Yes I'd found that out... Now the fun of coding begins :confused:

Any takers? (seriously)

4. I would wholeheartedly recommend using Wordpress and getting a Template and butchering it for your own use to begin with :)

5. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

You could try the Job Tenders section? :) I know Andy (tbcwf) has done some Web Development for DF members before, so he (or someone else) might want to take it on if your budget is decent. :)

6. Tony

Tony Member

Thanks guys, I will look in to both routes.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Tony,

As mentioned you may be better outsourcing your coding if you don't have the time/interest in learning it yourself long-term. As mentioned, Andy (tbwcf) has done work for DF members, and there's a number of other coders/developers who complete freelance work on the forums, such as Harry, Darren, Geoff, & many more I'm sure.

Getting a custom Wordpress theme coded would be a good route if you're looking to have some form of content management, as WP can power basic content sites as well as the added advantage of having a news/blog built-in.

Let us know how you get on, whichever route you choose to take :)
    Greg