Why not just combine Illustrator with InDesign?

Typo said:
Yup, I still like Freehand...for all it's faults.

Freehand is awful in today's world, considering updates to the application stopped over four years ago. However, if you were using Freehand four years ago, then of course you'll feel comfortable in using that and probably quite productive too.

Interesting debate, I still remember back in my Uni days we had a lecturer/tutor that came into to teach us how to effectively use the Adobe CS software, he used to work in association with Apple and Adobe and was hired by design agencies to come in and train designers how to effectively use the software. I always remember thinking why would those guys need the training with years of experience behind them, and he used to say it wasn't so much about the new features but about working smart, using the most effective ways to utilize time and effort, wish I'd had the chance to have more time learning from him, because he certainly improved a lot of methods/processes :)
Greg

Anagoge said:
Freehand is awful in today's world, considering updates to the application stopped over four years ago. However, if you were using Freehand four years ago, then of course you'll feel comfortable in using that and probably quite productive too.
Don't knock the old apps, I prefer golive (now discontinued) to dreamweaver as it just seems more efficient.

I use InDesign every day for layout and it's strengths are definitely in the ease of selecting and moving objects/elements etc. I tend to use Illustrator for specific tasks such as logo creation which can then be used in many other applications whereas an InDesign doc is far less flexible.

Also, due to the layers and sublayers in Illustrator, far more complex work can be done. InDesign's layers are great for moving things around and I tend to keep the top layer just for text.

Back