Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White box before the flash movie loads!! HELP

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by nataliagj23, Jan 19, 2011.

1. nataliagj23

nataliagj23 New Member

I've made a flash intro, on a black browser background and my html page is black as well. Although the flash movie is also a black background, there is a white box that appears at the begining of the movie.

I've tried to add transparent mode but didnt work.

OBJECT: <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />

EMBED: wmode="transparent"

Any ideas of how to get rid of the white box?

This is the website bonansa country hotel

and this is the part of the code:

<script type="text/javascript">
    AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase',',0,28,0','width','550','height','400','title','BonansaCountryHotel.','src','BonansaCountryHotel','quality','high','pluginspage','','movie','BonansaCountryHotel' ); //end AC code
    </script><noscript><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=",0,28,0" width="550" height="400" title="BonansaCountryHotel.">
    <param name="movie" value="BonansaCountryHotel.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <embed src="BonansaCountryHotel.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="550" height="400"></embed>

2. djb

djb Member

I’m going to state the bleedin’ obvious, but have you double checked the actual background colour of the flash file is set as black (Modify: Document: Background Colour).

Apologies if you have, it’s just I miss this kind of thing all the time!
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  3. nataliagj23

nataliagj23 New Member

I've changed the background to black but still doesnt work!!

Thanks anyway
  4. richimgd

richimgd Member

You could try making an empty .swf with a preloader that loads your main .swf into it. That way, the browser initially only has to load something negligible like a 3kb swf, then it will load your movie and display a preloader. Sometimes if your trying to load even a medium sized .swf with a preloader, you get a brief moment of having a 'white square' apear on your page as the movie is loading. This wont look good if your web page has a black background. You could draw a black box as the background as a quick fix. Really though, you should be embedding your swf with swfobject since that is regarded as the best method.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011