Which software would you use?

Sili92

Hello everybody,

I'm not a graphic designer or at least I'm a very beginner :cautious:. I'm doin my master thesis in Environmental Engineering and I designed a subsea monitoring system.

I would like to know which software could fit the best to to a sort of graphical overview of the project.

I post here two pics taken from google from O&G company who works with subsea, I just ask you guys, to suggest me how could I produce a similar rendering (No idea if this is the right word:eek:) for my project.

If it is to hard I may consider also to do a 2d cross section of the ocean. I used solidworks for my designs.

Thank you to read my post.

Bests,

Alberto

Attachments

• 159847.jpg
    159847.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Energy_Market.jpg
    Energy_Market.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 13
Looks like a combination of techniques in all honesty, 3D Models, layout in photoshop, hand painting (in photoshop) background etc.

While solidworks (I know this software pretty well as this is what I was taught with at uni) would likely work for the images of things like the oil rig/ship etc after they've been rendered with materials/colours etc, it's not necessarily the tool I'd use for that purpose. Issue would be time needed to do the models (solidworks doesn't have the same access to ready made assets like say 3DS Max etc) and setting camera angles to give that sense of depth.

Back