Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which design/coding packages do you use?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by -luciano-, Mar 10, 2012.

1. -luciano-

-luciano- New Member

Hello,

I've been working as a freelance graphic designer for a while now, but i'm just recently moving more into the web side of things.
    I just wondered which software everyone uses when designing and building sites?
    I've only designed very basic 4 - 5 page info sites. So far i've just been designing and slicing up in Photoshop, then moving over to Dreamweaver, then finally uploading the site manually :icon_confused:
    Does anyone have any tips or use more relevant software?

Thank you :icon_smile:

2. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

if your coding is good, try wordpress / joomla / drupal.

3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Learn to hand code. It is the only way to be sure of a good quality website. There isn't a WYSIWYG out there that is any good.

4. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I like coding in Dreamweaver, but only using the code screen. This is after laying it out initially in Photshop to take out any elements I might want to use and to get measurements and so on.

Would like to learn Wordpress at some point but just never seem to get round to it.

5. Corrosive

Don't bother, learn ModX instead. Especially if you can hand code already :icon_smile:

6. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

In that case I would love to learn ModX, but never seem to get round to it :icon_biggrin:

7. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

never looked at modx, looks good tbh ill b checking you out later :D

ty corrosive :D

8. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I personally use Komodo Edit for editing web files. It's available for Mac, Linux and Windows, plus it's open source which is a bonus.

9. -luciano-

-luciano- New Member

What about SiteGrinder? I went for an interview at a company a few days ago who only used this software. Personally, i've never heard of it. Does anyone rate it?

10. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I hand code. I've also keep meaning to try ModX - having heard how good it is.

11. Corrosive

Nope.

12. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

ive pld about with site grinder, its a ok tool for the job but the code is very very messy