Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when previewing my site in dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by DaveGears86, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DaveGears86

DaveGears86 Member

The webpage will not show, this is because the facebook like button code is stopping the preview on localhost ...

Now I know there could be a simple solution which would be to remove and add the code when finished modifying my website ready to upload to the server. But is there an easier way?

I do A LOT of editing to my pages and having to remove the code to see localhost previews will get tiresome

Thanks

2. DaveGears86

DaveGears86 Member

I fixed it, it was just bad coding from fb for their button "//facebook.com...." instead of the workable "http://facebook.com...."

when previewing on local the document kept searching my disk for "//facebook.com ...."

(this can be deleted now, I looked to see if I could delete this thread but I can't find anything)

Thanks

3. Elev8

Elev8 New Member

DreamWeaver preview shouldn't be relied on as it often shows different results than expected.
    The best way to test is just keep a copy open in Chrome or FireFox then refresh the page.

4. DaveGears86

DaveGears86 Member

Yeah, I didn't explain as well as I should have at the time.

I was previewing in a browser, it was just a matter of the "//" searching my local machine because I was previewing from local host (all be it in a browser). Made me feel stupid for overlooking it when I found it!

Thanks.