• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's your weapon of mass photography?

S

Squiddy

I'm just interested in what kind of equipment you guys are using.

I'm currently using a Canon 550D, I've only got a 18-55mm IS lense and a 75-300mm non IS lense but really, for what I'm doing that seems to suffice, for now! What about the rest of you?

Sunburn

Eeek! ... I caught the bug real bad a while back, ended up with the following....

Canon 7d
Canon 10-22mm
Canon 18-55mm
Canon 85mm
Sigma 70mm-300mm
Sigma 150-500mm

Red Snapper Tripod (An amazing buy) + Tilt/pan & Ball head
Remote Wireless timer/shutter release
Big Camera bag.
UV filters plus lots and lots more.

HTC Desire HD for snaps
Olympus mju for sports
Pentax S3 35mm
Holga 120n 120mm

Various filters (inc. polarising & UV), tripods, shutter release cables and a stack of film in my freezer to see me into the 20s. Just indulged myself with a roll of Ilford SFX 200 infrared film and a Hoya R72 infrared filter.

None of this is for business use, although I will probably invest in a DSLR next year and offer an additional photographic service to compliment the current design services.

S

Squiddy

Nice nice, I wasn't going to list everything but I may as well now, not that there's tons to list but still :p

Canon shutter release cable
Hoya Circular Polariser
Manfrotto 725B Tripod
2x Canon LP-E8 Batteries (I like to go on camping trips where obviously there is no power!)

and I use my HTC Desire S for when I can't be bothered to carry my equipment around/it's not appropriate. Hey uh... Sunburn, if you ever feel like retiring any of your equipment... ;)

Levi

Staff member
I'm still old school, not that I have much time for it these days anyways...

Cosina C1 with a couple of lenses, flash etc - fully manual and what I learnt on, none of this autofocus point and shoot nonsense :)
Minolta Dynax 500si, 35-70, 70-210 and 50 f1.7 (supposedly sought after by Sony alpha dslr users)
Nikon F80 with 28-80 and 70-300
Nikon point and shoot digital camera
Bag
Benbo tripod
Load of filters and film

Will eventually get a new digital body at some point, likely Nikon D90/D7000 (or it's replacement) although seeing as half my kit is Minolta may get a Sony depending on which is the better bargain lol

S

Squiddy

I'd love to buy some new lenses but I'm of the opinion that this hobby needs to pay for itself and more before I can invest in new equipment. It just isn't happening at the moment, I have been focusing on other things at the moment but I am finding it difficult.

Canon 500D

Canon 18-55mm
Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Fish-eye
PhotxPro Tripod
Lowepro Swingbag

I do love photography but it's a proper labour of love lugging kit around to get the best photos.