Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's this?

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Claire pilcher, Apr 4, 2016.

  1. Claire pilcher

    Claire pilcher New Member


    My husband has been given this machine, does anyone know what it is? It's come from a pro print shop?



    Attached Files:

  2. scotty

    scotty Well-Known Member

    This is like one of those old game shows. ;)

    Under the mesh and the cover to the right, what's under there?
  3. hankscorpio

    hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

    Does it have any logos/markings on it.

    Initially I thought a cromolain machine
  4. scotty

    scotty Well-Known Member

    I was going to say it was for developing Bromide's.

    If there's a bath and rollers under the cover I think it could be either.

    I did think if there was a heating element under there, it could be one of those things used with that expanding ink stuff similar to Espand-tex.
  5. hankscorpio

    hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

    Or for dye-sub proofs
  6. Claire pilcher

    Claire pilcher New Member

    Thanks for the replies, there isn't a logo on it. It has a heating element under the flap, I'll get some more pics.
  7. Levi

    Levi Moderator Staff Member

    larger pics if possible :)

    Also what are in the tins/on tin labels....

    Will say my first thoughts were some sort of thermal transfer type thing....
  8. scotty

    scotty Well-Known Member

    If there's a heating element and a kind of mesh conveyor, It may be for the expanding ink thing.
    There was a process (prob's still is) where the wet ink would be coated with a powder and then put through a heater.
    This made the powder melt and expand to give a raised, glossy affect.
    Usually used on business cards.

    Either that or a Pie Warmer. ;)
    ...or both?
  9. hankscorpio

    hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

    Mmmmmm.... pieeeee
  10. easiprint

    easiprint New Member

    Thermography machine? (the raised powder printing)

Share This Page