Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What on earth is this?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Sean Lee-Amies, May 3, 2013.

1. So, whilst going through some of my many hundreds of photos, I came across this one set of photos... I was wondering if anyone had any idea about what kind of insect this is? You'll have to excuse the fact that they're having sex, they simply wouldn't stop for 5 seconds to have their photo taken... most rude indeed![​IMG]

2. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

It's a "Dandylion" I think.

3. Oh Scotty, you and your jokes ;)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

it's a burnet moth.....well 2 of them

5. Levi, how are you so knowledgeable in this field? I have another photo somewhere which you might be able to help me with :p
    What about this one? I found this evil looking thing on a two day camping trip along the South Downs Link.
    [​IMG]

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

sorry but my google-fu failed me on this one.... I suspect it might be the one shown here at maybe an earlier stage of it's development or even injured

7. Interesting. I wonder what the chances are of finding something that's really rare or hasn't been seen before. Apparently there are loads and loads of new insects that haven't been discovered yet. I doubt this is one of them though, haha.