Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of design is this?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Sigurd Setsaa, Feb 25, 2016.

  1. Sigurd Setsaa

    Sigurd Setsaa New Member

    I recently saw some of Olly Moss' work on a project for a game, and I saw these promotional posters he made for it. I'm wondering what this type of design is called. It looks to mimic old American infographics from around the 1950-1970 era.
    Help would be appreciated.

    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Levi

    Levi Moderator Staff Member

    Personally I'd class that as a modern interpretation of Americana ..... with instagram filters applied lol
  3. Paul Murray

    Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

    It's graphic design or illustration, I don't think it needs a specific label attached.
  4. Sigurd Setsaa

    Sigurd Setsaa New Member

    It's just that I've seen this type of design before, but I can't remember where. It reminds me of old American forest fire posters. I'm making a design for a tea brand and I want it to have a retro design in that vain.
  5. Wardy

    Wardy Well-Known Member

    Graphic poster illustration I would call it.
  6. scotty

    scotty Well-Known Member

    The composition is derived from old Art Deco travel posters.

Share This Page