Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this logo style called?

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by jd1, Mar 3, 2014.

  1. jd1

    jd1 New Member

  2. hankscorpio

    hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

    Pixelated dot logo?

    I don't think there's an actual name for it.

    But perhaps digital, dots, pixelated, etc.
  3. Paul Murray

    Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

    I'd be tempted to use "matrix" in some way to describe the construction of this particular logo. I'm not sure how to describe none-uniform variations like the Cancer Research one
  4. bigdave

    bigdave Moderator Staff Member

    google Pointillism
  5. admwilsn

    admwilsn New Member

    I wouldn't say that its a specific style but probably the closest to that would be pointillism, so you could call it digital pointillism or deconstructed pointillism as the dots aren't connecting/ overlapping forming the picture like in actual pointillism.
  6. hankscorpio

    hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

    I know an artist that can do those pointillism drawings. I was sitting with him one day and he was just tapping the pen off the paper as we chatted. Low and behold he had recreated the beautiful scenery were looking at out the window. I was truly amazed and gobsmacked.

    Alas, it was prior camera-phone days, so I have no record of it except my memories :(

    Pretty cool though.
  7. Paul Murray

    Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

    One of my friends does them too. It's fascinating to watch them just appear a dot at a time - Bryony Hopkins illustration

Share This Page