Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this effect and how much would it cost to get done?

Discussion in 'Tenders & Services Required Forum:' started by Alan Smith, Mar 12, 2015.

  1. Alan Smith

    Alan Smith New Member

    I really want to know what the name of this effect is and how much it would cost to get a similar style achieved on one of my own pictures. 11066507_10153166885367720_7216866441968884602_n.jpg
  2. @GCarlD

    @GCarlD Well-Known Member

    Most likely an artistic filter, or a form of posterisation.
    Alan Smith likes this.
  3. Paul Murray

    Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

    If it's in a magazine it's probably a commission. There's tools/filters that can give you something similar (check out 'low poly styles', but I'd wager that this is done by hand. As for cost, it's a piece of string, depends on who's doing it I suppose.
    Alan Smith likes this.
  4. Wardy

    Wardy Well-Known Member

    Looks like a custom illustration to me. Probably done in Photoshop or even the face done by hand with a few splatter brushes added.
    Looks too exact to be filters involved. If you want something exactly like that you would have to contact the illustrator. Cost? £500 ish, but depends on
    who's doing it, like Paul says, and how good you want it.
  5. hankscorpio

    hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

    A piece of string is exactly twice half it's length.

Share This Page