Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a Spector file?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Clare, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Clare

Clare New Member

I've recently sent someone some logo designs which will go on a range of gym clothing. They liked one, and asked if I could send "the Spector file for the logo you designed so it can be CAD cut."

I don't know what a Spector file is and when I asked them they said
    "It's like a high resolution file so that it can be cut into images to be printed."

Does anyone know what a Spector file is?

Thank you

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Did you talk over the phone or was this email as it's possible you misheard vector.

3. Clare

Clare New Member

no she texted it but i thought maybe she meant vector, but i did ask "whats a Spector file"

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Well I'm stuck then as I've never heard of that format especially for use in CAD

5. Clare

Clare New Member

haha me either I think she may have meant vector - I googled it and nothing came up but thought I would ask here just in case :D thank you for your help!

6. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I'd say someone's mixed up "Vector" as you'd need a vector file for something like that.

Maybe saved as a .hee-pee-yes? ;)

Stationery Direct likes this.
  7. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

It sounds Top Secret anyway, better send for 007.

8. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

My mobile phone number ends in "007" and I get calls from call centres all the time asking to speak to James... James Bond.

Nothing to do with it but just sayin'.

9. Clare

Clare New Member

Haha yes definitely - thanks for all your help everyone :) the top secret code has now been cracked!

10. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Pray tell...

11. AlanNunez

AlanNunez Member

Ha...autocorrect fail!!