Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What font does the National Theatre use?

Discussion in 'Font Forum:' started by theorganisedmess, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Specifically, the main font on the website used for the words 'National Theatre' and the cloud of links at the top of the page. :National Theatre homepage - National Theatre
    Would be a great help if you guys have an idea?

2. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

That would be helvetica neue / helvetica / arial / sans-serif font stack
    no idea which of those you are seeing. :)

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Looks like I'm seeing arial on mine :)

4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I'm looking at Helvetica, but I can't really tell the difference between Neue and regular. But it's Neue lol, because I have it installed either way :)

5. Levi

windows will default to arial as helvetica isn't installed natively :)

6. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Helvetica Neue on mine.

Font stack - font-family: HelveticaNeue, HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

What do you mean that fonts not installed natively don't show levi?
    How else do sites like flippingtypical work

8. Levi

you're misunderstanding renniks

helvetica (especially neue) is not installed on windows unless we install it, therefore it's not a native font. Arial is the 'replacement' on windows and why it's part of the font stack, it's also the reason mine is showing as arial, I don't have helvetica or neue installed on the pc I'm viewing it on :)

Last time I checked flipping typical works by accessing your font's installed on the pc and showing them to you in your browser :)

9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I thought you meant everyone on windows would see arial as helvetica isn't installed natively (which I didn't quite understand)

And after reading it works by checking if there is any dimensional changes to the default font, if there is you have the font, if there isn't you don't.

10. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Flipping typical always does a crappy job at finding custom fonts here :confused:

11. Thanks guys! That's helped me out alot :)