Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by danieljoseph, Jul 9, 2014.

1. danieljoseph

danieljoseph New Member

Hey,

I've been working on a site for my b-boy crew and have this so far - http://www.factionbreakdancecrew.com/

Wanted to know if there was anything i'm missing or anything important that i should change (particularly with my coding)?

I'm self/Google taught and don't have any other web designers around me so I heavily rely on reviews and feedback to keep developing.

Really appreciate your time.

2. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

I'm sure you don't :)

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'll let someone else review it first, I'm feeling generous.... :)

Can you give us a bit more info about the site, obviously it's for a 'dance crew' but what do you want the site to portray.

4. danieljoseph

danieljoseph New Member

Alex - Not sure on which bit your referring to... I guess your a man of few words!

Levi - I want the site to portray what we do and what we offer.

5. GilmoreVisuals

Hey Daniel - usually people who post a single time don't come back to read the feedback, hence the above comment.

I think we need more info in general but as far as I see it:
    - The photo quality of the first image isn't that good
    - The moving text in the lower bar is a bit old feel
    - Having the navigation bar on the left makes it (to me) feel a bit bare
    - I like the responsiveness
    - The animations when you click on a page are quite 'cheesy'
    - On the entertainment page, you could make the content more engaging by having them as 3 columns rather than 3 rows as it just looks like a wall of text at the moment
    - Apart from the landing page, the others should look different before the top part out of the first 3 pages is exactly the same

Just some thoughts. Also, how are you building this?

Steeph likes this.
  6. Steeph

Steeph New Member

I agree!

7. danieljoseph

danieljoseph New Member

Hey Alex

Thanks for having a look.

Some points I really agree with there. We're hoping to get some more good quality images done soon so we can change the top image and have a different image on each page.

I know what you mean about the news feed. I'm thinking of making it a text slider rather than using css animation so i can have more than one news update. I think this will make look less 'old fashioned'.

Also gonna get some social network integration in there somewhere.

Created using Dreamweaver.

Thanks again. :)

8. GilmoreVisuals

Cool. Also, when using social media, I'd say it's better to have no social media than a social media that is not up to date. (ie: make sure you plan to post on it regularly otherwise it can shoot back on you.

9. watson

watson New Member

I like it - but the image quality of the main photo on the homepage isn't very high. Could you possibly upload another higher-quality image? Also, the scrolling text at the bottom - not a big fan of that. Takes a while to read the whole sentence.

I actually like the animation as one switches from one page to another. - makes it look slick and I think it conveys the brand very well (then again, I'm not the world's greatest dancer so perhaps I'm not the right person to say that, hehe).