Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of my portflio?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by jim, Mar 7, 2013.

1. jim

jim Member

Hi there, I was hoping to get some professional opinions on my portfolio.. any feedback or advice would be appreciated :) Url- James Giles Graphic Designer Thanks, James
  2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Get rid of "I will be cheap" for a start!

According to my dictionary : "cheap ... of little value, or considered to be so; paltry; inferior; vulgar" etc.

I know the images turn to colour when you hover, but it all looks a bit black and white. I don't like that font at all, don't think it works.
  3. jim

jim Member

Yes, I've had someone else mention that hated word. I'm going to change it to 'good value'. I quite like the black and white / hover to colour effect and feel it gives the user a bit more interaction, but if anyone else feels the same I'll think again.. Not a very useful comment on the font, but I've had other comments on that as well so it is something that I should change.. Thanks for the reply
  4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

It's just that it's an old-fashioned display font from the seventies, and fills in a bit when small and blue.

I can't talk, I still use Gill on everything!
  5. jim

jim Member

yeah it does. I liked the retro, colourful look at first.. just looks a bit random now!
  6. DigitalYak

DigitalYak Member

Its a nice portfolio and you have done some great design work. The use of the green is not to my own taste, I dont think it works in your overall design, maybe another shade of blue would be usefull as a highlight or a more neautral tone and the italics on you about me section loook a bit out of place but other than tat is a good showcase of your work,
  7. jim

jim Member

Cheers Matt :).. I did have a different title banner up with a green word in it at first, so it went with that when I put it together. Thanks for pointing it out. And i'll probably change the italic to regular. I wasn't too sure.. Ha. I like the name and your site, keep up the good work!