What do I do next?!

Ok... some things i'm reading i really don't understand... I think I need to learn some very basics lol! I will try and follow some of the tutorials you guys have posted, think that should get me started. (I hope)!

It would be easier for someone else to just take my design and work their magic... but i'm thinking this will be quite expensive, so i think i will attempt it myself!! Suppose it would be beneficial for me to learn anyhoo!

allyally2k said:
Ok... some things i'm reading i really don't understand... I think I need to learn some very basics lol! I will try and follow some of the tutorials you guys have posted, think that should get me started. (I hope)!

It would be easier for someone else to just take my design and work their magic... but i'm thinking this will be quite expensive, so i think i will attempt it myself!! Suppose it would be beneficial for me to learn anyhoo!

It would be beneficial for you to learn but if you have a lot of design jobs on then it might be better to outsource. get some quotes from developers and you might be surprised in the cost.

The reason it is better to outsource if you have a lot of work on is because it might take you 20 hours where it could take a dev 2 or 3. Cost is very little and you get to focus fully on design.

What you need to do is split your income/budget and allocate x amount to coding. Then, lets say you have £100 for coding costs and it costs you £80 to get it coded. You have made £20 and didnt write a single line. :up:

Explore your options and then decide. i.e. you should get some quotes before dismissing it as "too expensive" ;)

Yeah good point there Darren, I kind of want to do this one myself as it's for my portfolio so it can be kind of trial and error as i'm learning, plus it looks good on the CV! Then if i get any more jobs (especially if i go freelance) in the future, i may then, outsource it. At least i would have an option.:)

Thanks for the link Harry will have a look at that :up:

Back