Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Header

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by OllieGuy, May 30, 2011.

1. OllieGuy

OllieGuy New Member

Hi All,

Here is the 'prototype' of a header I am designing for a website. What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
    Oliver

Attached Files:

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Just a personal opinion but I think it is a little drab and grey. Take a look at some other Tech sites; Technology News and Gadget Reviews | T3 magazine Online & Gadget reviews, video reviews and technology news | Stuff magazine They have plain background like yours but also have a strong block of colour to make it stand out. Think you should go for something like that.

3. Jurge

Jurge New Member

I'm not mad for the metal effect or the fonts i'm afraid, but it's functional and the composition works.

4. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Not really a big fan in all honesty.

As others have said, the grey, metallic look doesn't really suit it I don't think and, if it did, I don't think it's really been pulled off.

The text blends in to the background too much and the stroke around the "Gadget Reviews, Tutorials, News & More" line doesn't work; the text is hard to read.

5. byronc

byronc Member

what he said - its quite hard to read and a bit old fashioned. I guess the content will be more important than the design in the end though

6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Looks too generic - like the sort of thing a program would generate for you.