Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Website Feedback

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by jamieleung, Nov 26, 2009.

1. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

Hey everyone,

I have been designing my first website and require a critique on it..please be kind we all need to start somewhere. :D
    http://www.jamieleung.co.uk

Many thanks all,

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

It's a neat enougth design but i that meant to sit centre or has it be designed to sit slightly to the left ?

3. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

it is meant to sit centre :S having a little trouble there I see

4. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

thanks for the comment sorry dude

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I have a huge black bar on the right due to the small non repeating background, not sure I like the overall style but it's more a personal thing.

the featured work box isn't as wide as the rest of the site, it steps in visually.

And you need a muppet avatar!

6. Levi comes in with the final cuss at the end :p :lol:

as for me, its not my thing either, and I'm getting the background problem too.. Its not centred on my screen either. Personally I would change the background and the colour scheme to be alot lighter, use a white or light grey or something like that .. As it feels like a very heavy design. :)

hope that helps :)

7. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

excellent feedback guys all being taken onboard for development..keep the feedback coming :D i'll look into those Muppet avatars levi ;D

8. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

is the avatar better Levi :p

9. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

should I remove the dark colour scheme for a lighter scheme but keep to the same layout or does the layout look bad too?

10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

if you've spent time sorting out a layout you're happy with (spent time with paper and pen for example) it may be worth trying a few different colour combinations in photoshop before coding.

Avatar is more in keeping with the monthly (few days early) theme :)

11. jamieleung

jamieleung Member

I'll put together some developments then I'll let you guys have a butchers at the layout,colours etc..

I was going to have kermit for my avatar but didn't feel worthy lol :p