Web Designers who CAN'T code..

Just out of interest, is anybody on here (or know of anyone) who is equally strong at web design and development?

What kind of web development? I can design and build sites but I can't program too well (though I built a MySQL klogin system from scratch today, woohoo!)

Define equally strong.
I can code what I design, does that make me equally strong? Admitted, sometimes there is a bug I can't get by and then I ask for a second opinion.

someone who knows their Php, Cms, etc, to a high standard. But is also artistic and creative to a high standard.

I haven't read the whole thread so appologises, but IMO it doesn't matter. If you get paid to do freelance and you can't code you have to factor in extra cost of outsourcing and if that makes you more expensive then its down to the quality of the design/expect fewer jobs.

It's taken me years to get my knowledge of coding to where it is and I'm still learning so it's not something that every designer can afford to do either but I do think that maybe not having the ability to code gets you out of the OMG do you know how hard and long that is going to code mentality and can help make better designs in some situations as a result.

Back