Vinyl printing - a trend?

Jeremy25

Hi,

A couple of days before, I saw vinyl printing in Toronto and it's advantages, and it encouraged me to ask this question. Is vinyl printing a trend in today's world? Do you think so?

When I searched for it, I saw some of the advantages of vinyl printing:
1.Weather resistant
2.Long-lasting service
3.Flexible and easy to shape

So, I thought of trying it. If you are interested in experiencing it, reply with your suggestions.

Also, I came to know that, vinyl banners are used in business and events.

So, what is your opinion? Is it a trend? Waiting for some interesting and informative replies.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Having worked in the Print/design industry for 10years it's not a trend, it like most print products has a purpose and a place in the world, if something needs to go outside generally your not going to print on a 400gsm card/paper stock and then post it up for a one day-one off use sure thing its a nice cheap way to get everything together but if you are going to multiple events or its going to be a re-occuring tour or ckae/craft stall or something? get a Vinyl done as it lasts a lot longer.

3.Flexible and easy to shape - this really isn't true not from a print-finishing perspective. further more to easy and flexible you get great results but it also is not easy to put up onto walls and things a lot of problems can occur on installation and generally you will not want to do this yourself, if you get your print finishers to install it, it is then there liability if something goes wrong, so it is a good idea to source these locally in my experience.

my opinions on Vinyl? it is absolutely fantastic for its meant-purpose. vinyls been around for years and will be forever more i imagine and it is no trend but as i said a purpose-printed product with its clear uses and advantages.

- those decals you see on cars, in say pimp my ride (very old show) are a type of vinyl.

Back