Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Toy Logo for a Client

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by donutcreative, Sep 21, 2012.

1. donutcreative

donutcreative New Member

I just produced a logo for a client, just looking for a little bit of feedback and some opinions.

I personally dont think its quite finshed and needs some more work.

View image: Mjtoys

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

It looks alright, but have you thought about how that's going to work when you have to cram it into a Twitter avatar or something like that?

It's fairly high in both detail and texture to be recognisable at a glance.
    donutcreative likes this.
  3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

I like it but agree with Tony about simplicity. Perhaps investigate how you'd do a 'stripped back' version for Twitter/Facebook and even a website favicon.
  4. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

I think it looks great but, as above, there will be instances where all of the effects aren't going to work.

Create a black and white copy and then apply solid colours to that from there. This one is great for use when the logo is a larger format, but having it in its most basic of form will undoubtedly prove useful, further down the line at least.
  5. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

its nice, i like the look, give me a feel of vintage toys, but as said above about the rescale,
  6. gemznunn

gemznunn New Member

It's a beautiful logo in it's current size. The only thing I would change is the type on the ribbon. I'd make it bigger.

I agree with the other poster about it's scalability. You definitely should to try it out in black and white and at different sizes.
  7. donutcreative

donutcreative New Member

Thanks for the comments & feedback very appreciated. I have gathered from most of the replies that I need to make a simplified version, and make the text slightly bigger on the banner :)
  8. diehardtwo

diehardtwo New Member

Well, im not a graphic designer, but from a laymens point of view I think it looks amazing. Nice work.