Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versus Magazine

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by versusmagazine, Jul 1, 2012.

1. versusmagazine

versusmagazine New Member

Hey Guys,

Im the creator/designer/writer for Versus Magazine, which started off as a self directed brief at university. I decided to take it forward and take it seriously as something I would like to do.

The second issue for summer 2012, released on Friday and would love to hear your opinions on it. The magazine is all about design and urban music featuring interviews with J3Concepts, Derek Stenning and The Deans List.

Looking forward to hear your opinions/suggestions,

P.S. if you like it and would want to follow us were on twitter @VRSMAG and on facebook at
  2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Very nice. I haven't read it, but I've had a flick through and I think it looks great :)
  3. versusmagazine

Thanks, hopefully you get a chance to read some of the articles. I feel we need to focus on the cover more, now that were getting the content right (I feel).
  4. Love the layout inside and the yellow and black colour scheme. Agree the cover needs to reflect the content inside. I didn't initially expect much when looking at the cover but the content inside it's really nice.
  5. versusmagazine

Yeah we plan on spending much more of a development process on the cover then before, especially when we are looking at print soon
  6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Yeah, the magazine looks great, but like you know already, the cover lets it down. Otherwise, great work!
  7. versusmagazine

8. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

Very nice - I've been at an academic conference (just got back) - some shocking examples! Yours ranks well.
  9. versusmagazine

Thank you, hoping the development and ideas we have planned for the next issue help us improve that bit more
  10. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Looks really good to me.
  11. MJ96

MJ96 Member

Just had a quick glance, and it looks fantastic. Really clean and well presented inside, top work!