VBulletin Yay? or Nay?

Do you think I should keep this theme? or start again?

• Yes, Keep this theme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Start again please

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi all,

Before you go along, read this thread for the information - http://www.designforums.co.uk/work-project-feedback-critique/1608-new-vbulletin-theme.html

I am leaving a poll not on the colour scheme, even though suggestions about that would be appreciated. But this poll is about whether I should carry on this type of theme with this new design trend, or go back to the drawing board and create something else? As I want it to be a unique looking forum, so what do you think?

Here is the design now (The basics of it) - http://cfdesignz.co.uk/forum1.png

So what do you think, this theme? or start again on a new idea?

I will take any suggestions?

sorry Craig, I do think that you need to do a bit more R&D into the style of music and the art style that goes with that style of music. Or do some thing with loads of references to the album covers etc etc.

Thats my honest opinion :) sorry for being so blunt.

No don't apologise Chris, I appreciate the constructive side of opinions, so then I can make it the best I possibly can. What do you mean by references to album covers?

I don't have the full design complete, far from it, its going to have the details added, but just the layout I was on about really. But I do need help to think of the music style I need to follow really, so any ideas.

I think you should re-work it i'm afraid!

I'm still trying to find the site i'm talking about, neither was CSS-Tricks or the Couch one, the one i'm talking about is near on exactly the same with nav and the box effect, maybe its in my fav's at home!

Don't follow the latest trend, your a designer you're meant to go against the grain :p

craigfarrall said:
No don't apologise Chris, I appreciate the constructive side of opinions, so then I can make it the best I possibly can. What do you mean by references to album covers?

I don't have the full design complete, far from it, its going to have the details added, but just the layout I was on about really. But I do need help to think of the music style I need to follow really, so any ideas.

I was thinking using old album covers for the background (of whichever genre you decide to go for) or if its a general music scene kinda forum then some of all of them. Then the title areas done really simple but clean over the top... I can't really think of a good example right now.. but look at the Kerrang website and things like that to get some sort of inspiration :) thats what i would do :)

Ok thanks for all your replies people, I get the general idea to start this over again, so I think thats what I will do, watch this space as I will be posting up a few different alterations.

Back