Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

use of light fonts on the web

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by TCJW_designs, Dec 5, 2010.

1. TCJW_designs

TCJW_designs New Member

Hey guys,

I'm currently designing my own personal website. Because I never got on well with coding and just can't get my head around it, I have a friend who is going to produce the site once I've got the thing designed in photoshop. The question I need to ask is, how hard is it to implement a "light" font on the web? My design uses a fair bit of Helvetica Neue Ultralight for headers and links, but my web guy has informed me that this is gona be a massive pain in the a*s to do.

Looking on the web with a quick search, it looks like it is possible to use light or ultralight fonts but I don't really understand a lot of what it says. does anybody have experience using light fonts on the web? I don't want to really make this any more of a pain than it has to be, but I do want the site to look good.

Thoughts?

2. Ryuren

Ryuren New Member

well there's a good thread in this sub forum called a matter of preference, give that a read through too, it's really full of opinions.
    but yeah i would advise against light fonts, it can cause eye strain , which in some people can lead to headaches and migrains.:icon_smile: