Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Help required

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by stilltharow, Mar 28, 2012.

1. stilltharow

stilltharow New Member

hi guys,

basically i have a brief for university that i am struggling with.. i got to create 3-6 A3 posters in which i got to engage students and get them to attent a student soceity taster event (give it a go)

my teacher likes my strap time " Time well spent" and he also liked time flies but im going with time well spent.

any idea how i can show "time well spent" in an image for each poster? only concept i have atm is to show whatever society e.g chess and create that out of numbers but im not sure if it really shows time well spent. please note i can choose a society to put on each poster but i concept has to show time well spent.

religious/Faith

Addallum Campus Fellowship Ahlulbayt
    Believers Loveworld
    Catholic

Christian Union Hindu
    Hope Fellowship Islamic

Jewish
    KLC Flames
    Krishna Consciousness MTO Sufi
    Passion
    Salem Campus Fellowship RACE
    Sikh

Active
    Duke of Edinburgh Huskis
    Motorsport Outdoors

Pool & Snooker Quidditch Rookie Golf Skirmish

Cultural
    Afro-Caribbean Bangladeshi
    Chinese Student
    English Cultural Orientation Greek/Cypriot

Irish Kurdish/Turkish Malaysian Mauritian Nepalese Nigerian Oriental Pakistan Persian
    Sri Lankan Tamil
    Turkish

Music/Dance

Alternative Music Bhangra Bollywood Dance B-Boy
    Hip-Hop Salsa
    Swing Dance Ukulele

Social

Amnesty International Astronomy
    Chess
    Cheese & Chocolate Creative Writing Discussion

Drama
    Film
    GAA
    Green Bulb
    Harry Potter
    International Students Association International Students & Foreign Languages

LGBT
    Over 25s
    Photography
    Poker
    Psifa
    RollnSk8
    Rotaract
    Speed Painting
    St. Johns Link
    Tea
    Video Games & Animation

Course-related
    Accounting & Finance Aviation
    Economics
    Law

Lawyers without Borders Midwifery
    Nursing
    Paramedic

Pharmacy Philosophy
    Politics
    Psychology
    Success for Business

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Top of my head: Fingers holding a clock face with a milled edge and putting it into a coin slot.

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Why don't you just use some really nice photography, combine it with some really nice typography, and put them together?

4. Moominbaby

Moominbaby Member

then it would be really nice! :)

Tony Hardy likes this.
  5. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

'Time well spent' infers that doing the activity is better than doing something else - so perhaps the imagery should be split?
    e.g Lying in bed all day with a hangover versus smiley image of being out, doing something positive, with people, enjoying life(!)

If there's a 'well being' factor then perhaps the secondary image could some form of charitable act?

6. stilltharow

stilltharow New Member

thanks that sounds good, now its a matter of finding some high res images... or some1 in bed and a picture of the soceity im trying to advertise..

any clue where i can find images?

7. linziloop

linziloop Member

When I was at uni we had to source our images by either teaming up with the photography students (always worth making friends with one of them!) or taking them ourselves. Stock sites are expensive when you're a student and nothing on google images should be used due to copyright and quality. Get your camera out and get your mates modelling!

8. stilltharow

stilltharow New Member

i dont really mind spending money, i gotta create three posters i doubt it will cost that much?

9. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

10. linziloop

linziloop Member

It will probably help you (when at uni anyway) to not use stock sites but instead practice working with photographers and maybe doing a bit of art direction - is there a photography course at your uni?